About SKIDOS Vision, Mission & Culture
We want to build the world’s leading brand for developing 21st Century skills among families with kids. Our mission is to help kids become lifelong, confident and happy learners. We believe it is more important NOW than ever before for kids to be equipped with both fundamental academic skills (Literacy & Numeracy) & non-academic skills ( eg: Critical thinking, Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, Information, Media & Tech literacy, Leadership & social skills, Initiative & Productivity). These skills are important for them to be well prepared for their adult life to achieve confidence, happiness & contentment while helping to advance the human race. Our core product is a SDK which helps us embed learning content in great games. We offer parents a subscription service which allows them to access all the games and learning content. Currently we have 40+ games available across on Apple and Google Play Store.
We are a rapidly growing scale-up with a very ambitious and impactful mission, backed by leading VC’s, Angel investors and the Danish Growth fund.
At SKIDOS, we believe in a positive work environment where you feel happy & content while working on something which is truly meaningful and impactful. We respect work-life balance and have flexible working hours. We do not believe in micro-management but instead believe in creating an environment to help you learn and shine. We love people who have something to say, and we listen. With us, you will get a chance to dive into our suite of learning products that are being used by millions of users around the world.
Join our Product Team
We are looking for a talented and experienced Product Designer for our team You understand the fine balance in your job between giving specifications and being of service
to your colleagues. You have a creative eye, be able to think outside the box in order to come up with new ideas or solutions that meet customer expectations, and create digital or print drawings as well as design fully-functional products.
You will spend most of your time on:
● Utilize research, design principles, and customer empathy to inform your design choices.
● Promote user-centric design and design thinking to build a strong design culture.
● Bring UX/UI expertise to the table to improve the standard and the product design.
● Be the north star on information architecture through design
● Analyze how children use SKIDOS learning content from a design perspective-understand if it is enjoyable.
● Make SKIDOS customer interactions (parents) simple and engaging - using data to understand user behavior
● Create meaningful product designs by converting requirements into fun, interactive experiences, especially for children and their parents.
● Collaborate on the product's development of personas, user journey maps, information architecture models, wireframes, prototypes, and graphic design.
● Work closely with the marketing, design, engineering, and product management teams.
What we want to see in your past experience:
● 6+ or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
● Ability to work with the team to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet the products’s needs and vision.
● Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
● A track record of producing outstanding design experiences that push the envelope.
● Understanding how to simplify complexity through design and design thinking profundity in adaptable and responsive design.
● Your up-to-date portfolio speaks for itself. Must have a portfolio featuring examples of work, your design process, and outcomes/results.
● Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or related field of study.
● Strong knowledge & relevant experience of design tools like Figma, Principle, Framer, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent self-management skills.
● Previous experience at a startup or in-house creative team is a plus
What we are looking for in you as a colleague
● Ability to collaborate and meet deadlines
● Self-driven, responsible, and curious to learn
● Attention to details
What SKIDOS can offer you as a professional?
– Work with great people
We are an international team of highly skilled and motivated people with a deep passion and ambitious drive for what we are building. You will learn from the best in various functions.
We disrupt learning and how children will learn in the future by using the latest technology. With our global ambitions, we aim to make a big positive impact on the way children learn now and in the future.
–Perks and Benefits
These are optional and can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive. Here are things we offer:
· MacBook or Top windows laptop
· Headphones and similar accessories required for work
· Standing desk for office or home office infrastructure
· Devices (IOS or Android) if it's a requirement for work
We’re happy to offer a competitive salary package based on experience.
Your application was submitted successfully.